Gwinnett Housing Corporation
The Gwinnett Housing Corporation (GHC) is a nonprofit development organization established by its parent company, the Lawrenceville Housing Authority (LHA), in 1997 with a mission to create sustainable housing opportunities for low- and moderate-income families in Gwinnett County.
Focusing on creation, revitalization and preservation of housing stock in targeted neighborhoods with physical and economic reinvestment needs, GHC is experienced in every aspect of housing, from the new construction and rehab of affordable housing for sale to low-income home buyers to the maintenance and management of affordable rental housing. It is the only agency in metro Atlanta that provides an entire spectrum of housing programs: emergency housing (LiveNorcross), transitional housing for homeless families (Pathway HOME), affordable rental housing (multifamily & LIHTC) and a homeownership program (Welcome HOME), enabling families to transition from homelessness and housing insecurity to the private sector housing and home ownership.
Through innovative programming and development solutions, GHC has:
- Developed 50 home-ownership properties for first-time, income-eligible home buyers through construction or rehabilitation.
- Currently constructing 60 new home-ownership properties (in two subdivisions) for first-time, income-eligible homebuyers
- Redeveloped neighborhoods by acquiring blighted foreclosure properties and completing redevelopment activities that have increased the property values by 30%.
- Provided nearly $750,000 in total down payment assistance for first-time homebuyers through our Welcome Home Program. The down payment assistance has leveraged $7 million in equity through home appreciation, for low- to moderate-income families across the county.
- Developed and managed 253 affordable rental units, with 296 units currently under construction.
- Assisted several local nonprofits with their capacity building, grant management and fundraising (Village of Hope, Lawrenceville Response Center, Positive Impact and Lucky Shoals Association).
- Provided additional programming to Gwinnett County residents as a HOME, CHIP, and CDBG sub-recipient.
- In partnership with its parent entity, LHA administers community-based (transportation, Georgia Initaitive for Community Housing , and Justice 40 Capacity Building Grant) programs that have benefited Gwinnett County residents and/or LHA and GHC program recipients.
- Opening a homeownership center to support the acquisition and preservation of homeownership for low-to-moderate income families.
AFFORDABLE HOUSING UNITS UNDER CONSTRUCTION356
AFFORDABLE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITY TO DATE$88M
NEW HOMEOWNER EQUITY GENERATED$7M
Gwinnett Housing Corporation
GHC is committed to answering the changing housing needs in Gwinnett County, provide neighborhood stabilization, and affordable housing for low to moderate income families.Learn More